Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Garage Solutions Ltd
Conditions of SaleGeneral
1. The following conditions issued by Garage Solutions Ltd (“the company”) apply to any contract of which these conditions form part of, to the exclusion of any other standards.
2. These terms & conditions are used when we supply goods, services, or both to you as a customer. “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out work & supply materials for. Please note that these terms & conditions do not apply to business-to-business contracts.
Quotations and Tenders
1. No order placed in response to a quotation by the Company shall be binding unless accepted by the Company.
2. Quotations submitted by the Company shall remain open for acceptance for a period of 30 days from the date of the tender, unless in the Quotations some other period is specified or accepted or there has been an increase in the costs of materials and or labour.
1. Where the goods are sold by reference to a published price list, the price payable for the goods shall be the ruling price, as published in the current price list at the date of dispatch of the goods.
2. Where a written quote has been supplied to the Customer the total charge referred to in the quote may be revised in the following circumstances:
- If after submission of the quote the customer instructs the Company, whether verbally or in writing, to carry out additional work not referred to in the quote.
- If after submission of the quote, there is an increase in the price of the materials.
- If after the quote has been given or the work has started, it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the original quote was created.
- If after the quote was created, it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the quote was prepared.
Terms of Payment
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, invoices are due for payments on the day of installation. Customer shall not be entitled to make any deduction themselves.
2. Failure to pay for any goods or services shall entitle the Company to suspend further deliveries and work, both on the same order and on any other order from the Customer without prejudice to any other right the Company may have.
3. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at the rate of 1% per month. The Company reserves the right where genuine doubts arise as to a customer’s financial position or in the case of failure to pay for any goods or any delivery or services as aforesaid to suspend delivery of any order or any part or instalment without liability until payment or satisfactory security for payment has been provided.
4. No warranty claims can be made on your behalf without full payment first being made.
We will accept cancellation of orders up to 7 days of the order being placed should the item not have already gone into production.
1. Please note that if items are made to measure to the customers’ specifications are NOT cancellable and the customer will be responsible for the payment of the full contract price of the goods.
2. Where the Company accepts an order, goods or materials of a type, size or quality not normally produced by the Company, the Company will use all reasonable endeavour to execute the order, but if it proves impossible, impracticable, or uneconomical to carry out or complete the order, the Company reserves the right to cancel the Contract or uncompleted balance thereof without liability to the Customer.
3. Customers are responsible for the accuracy of the information and sizes given to the company for its goods and the supply of its services unless we have been out and measured ourselves.
Please ensure that your measurements are accurate and correct. Please contact us for advice if you are unsure.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the return of goods if the reason for the return is that you provided us with incorrect measurements. This does not affect your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in relation to made to measure goods that are faulty or miss described. Advice about your legal rights is available at your local CAB or via the CAB Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06.
1. The delivery dates specified in the contract are approximate only and, unless otherwise expressly stated, time is not of the essence for delivery or performance. The Company will not be liable in any circumstances for the consequences of any delay in delivery, performance, or failure to deliver or perform, as this may well be outside of our control.
2. No delay shall entitle the Customer to reject any delivery or services or any further instalment or part of the order or any other order from the Customer or to repudiate the contract or the order.
If when the goods are ready for delivery, the customer does not have a rational reason for not accepting the delivery, the Company may arrange storage of the goods and the Customer shall be liable to the Company for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of such storage. It would be expected at this point, that full payment must be made for the items in question. This provision is without prejudice to any other rights which the Company may have in respect of the Customer’s failure to take delivery of the goods or to pay for them in accordance with the contract.
Title of Goods
1. Ownership of the goods will not pass to the Customer until payment
has been received by the Company in full. Nevertheless, all risk of the
goods shall pass to the Customer when the goods are delivered to the
Customer’s premises. Until the time of actual payment to the Company of the
total amounts owing in respect of goods, the Customer shall keep the goods
on behalf of the Company on the condition that the goods are and remain the
property of the Company until payment has been received by the Company.
Warranty/Limit of Responsibility
1. The Company warrants in relation to goods of the Company’s manufacture that it will (at the Company’s choice) either repair or replace, or refund the full purchase price of, any goods which are found within a period of 12 months from installation (“the warranty period”) to be defective or not in accordance with the contract or any express description or written representation given or made on behalf of the Company in respect of the goods. The warranty will only be valid if the door is maintained, cleaned on a regular basis, and serviced annually in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty terms.
2. The Company warrants in relation to goods not of the Company’s manufacture (including but not limited to parts and components supplied by others for use in goods manufactured by the Company) that it will so far as it is able to do so give the Customer the benefit of any express guarantee or warranty by the manufacturer or supplier of such goods and or any other rights which the Company has against the manufacturer or supplier.
3. In the event of breakdown or unsatisfactory working of any equipment within the warranty period the Customer should notify the Company as soon as is practicable. The Customer shall not without the Company’s authority repair or attempt to repair the equipment. The Company will carry out any necessary repair or replacement as quickly as reasonably practicable but shall not be responsible for any unavoidable delay outside of their control.
4. If any products are delivered with any defects, or if in the event of any accidental damage taking place during installation, these will be repaired or replaced at the company’s discretion. The company is allowed the opportunity to carry out such repairs, if standard practice, before replacement and without compensation to the client for delay or performance. Whilst the company and manufacturers take all measures for a successful and smooth delivery & installation of goods, problems do occur from time to time and the company cannot compensate clients for occasional delays to completion.
Suitability of the Site
1. The Customer is solely responsible for the suitability of the site for the installation of the goods. The quotation assumes that for example, internally ample side room and head room will be available for installation of the door, and externally, for example the external area has adequate space for a safe environment for us to work in.
2. The Company is entitled to assume that on the delivery date the site will be reasonably accessible, sufficient to facilitate installation and that any preparatory work or alteration to the site to be carried out by the Customer including any works specifically referred to herein or in the quotation will have been completed.
3. Should the site not be ready once we arrive and therefore the job is not able to go ahead, a failed installation charge of 20% will be incurred.
4. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Question on our website for further information.
Quotes/ Preparing for Installation & T&C’s Documents
These 3 documents should be read and adhered too as they form your contract with the Company.